Location : Yerevan, Armenia
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchmove artists are responsible for creating 3D cameras and other motion files that adopt the same movements as the original background plate. This enables the live action to seamlessly interact with the CG elements. The motion files created (either camera, object or body track) are then passed to other departments to implement CG elements seamlessly to the original plate.
Artists will create motion files including a camera and / or the object that matches the original background plate photography. Reconstructing the placement of motion files, being camera or object track, in 3D set will be needed to quality control the accuracy of each track. Some collaboration with other departments may be needed to ensure that the CG elements are seamlessly incorporated into the shot. To be able to work well in a team environment and take direction from your lead and the production team.
- 1 or 2 years of experience working in feature films.
- Artist must be well versed with PFTrack, 3DEqualizer, 3D Camera Tracker (After Effects Plug in), 3ds Max / Maya.
- Basic knowledge in a compositing package.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Experience of handling LiDAR data a benefit but not a requirement
- Can efficiently meet deadlines
- A good understanding of photography and the effects of different lenses on perspective and depth of field
Compositing artists are responsible for constructing the final image by combining layers of previously created material. Although it is primarily a 2D role within the 3D world of CGI and VFX (Visual Effects), Compositors need a thorough understanding of the CG process combined with relevant artistic skills.
Ability to work with a minimum of supervision & deliver of shots on schedule, working under pressure if required. Collaboration and good communication with other departments will be needed to ensure that the CG elements are seamlessly incorporated into the shot. To be able to work well in a team environment and take direction from the lead and the production team.
- 2+ years of experience working in feature films
- Excellent knowledge of Digital Fusion or Nuke
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of traditional 2D, 3D & Effects compositing
- Ability to communicate concisely and efficiently
- A good eye for composition, colour, light and shadow